03 October 2008

october is

my favorite month.
and it seems to be making everyone around me either significantly happier or, sick with a cold.

october is atlanta celebrates photography month.
a 31-day tribute to my favorite art form.
yes.

it will be keeping me busy, gallery-hopping day in and day out.


( i caught only the tail-end of it last year, as i was just returning from montana )


my wonderful church has a gallery and this month's work is entitled "expressions", which showcases the art (in all kinds of forms) of the members and/or regular attenders.
i have a small series of diptychs hanging in a row.

this is just one:



the opening is this sunday evening and if you live in atlanta i would love if you would come and enjoy the evening with me a slew of remarkable people (dancers, musicians, film-makers, painters, etc, etc):




i'll share more soon.
thanks for all your encouragement, really.

love,
L

1 comment:

Matt said...

hm, I remember that church.
I haven't been in ages.
But I do remember all the awesome photographs that were lined up for me to see and admire.
Oh, I admired those pictures well, and wanted so badly to at least know their owner.

And now I do know one, very well!

:D