30 September 2008

prior to this past weekend,

i had not photographed a wedding in quite a while it seems.
i flew two hours south of my home and had the most wonderful vacation.

having never met this couple before, it thrilled me to get to know them through my lens.

i certainly don't think this is unique to me -- every photographer must feel this at some point -- but it's as if i am instantly connected with someone once they have looked at me through that black box of mirrors and glass.
i was reminded to tell you this, whilst i stayed by the ocean.


i don't make a thousand analyzations about your soul once you've given me that "look" but i do feel as though i have the deepest and most likely potential to really, really know you. and more often than not, i feel as though i actually do know you
(for who you are that i can tell, strive to be and the lovely things i myself see about you).
it's strange and wonderful.
i am baring a part of my soul here, folks.


i don't like to post business-y things on here and i don't know why but i will this one time.

i am not on the wedding circuit (although i'd like to be, with zola of course), but i completely enjoyed capturing this.

these photographs are random moments throughout the day and i hope you like them:


i have never written so much on here.
hopefully it wasn't too long-winded.

and, more soon.

love,
L

4 comments:

brittany said...

You are wonderful, Your photo's, Your blogs, Everything. So Wonderful.

You inspire me!

Matt said...

:) <3

these photos are absolutely awesome!! I especially like #2 and #3. And then especially especially #3.

Summer said...

You are going to have people knocking down your door to photograph them. So talented!

Mandy said...

You make my heart sing! :)
They are all together lovely, but everything you do is.